Simple yet very tasty recipe. Moor Kuzhambu is butter milk stew which can be made in a jiff.
Sour curds –1 cup
Green Chillies –3
Channa Dal –1 Tbsp
Urad Dal —1/2 Tbsp
Coriander seeds –1/2 Tbsp(optional)
Coconut Shredded –1 handful
Salt –to taste
Turmeric powder –1/4 tsp
Curry leaves —few
Coriander leaves —few
Okra (lady’s finger) —4 to 5 (cut in to bite size)
Oil –1 Tbsp
Red Chillies —1 no
Asafetida (hing)–a pinch
1. Heat oil and fry green chillies, channa dal, urad dal, coriander seeds(optional) and coconut gratings for few mins.
2. Grind them in to smooth paste and keep aside.
3. Whisk curd in to butter milk either in a blender or with hand.
4. Shallow fry okra in oil till they are crisp and the color turns dark brown to black.
5. In a kadai heat oil and ground paste along with buttermilk and mix well.
6. Add salt and turmeric powder and let it boil in low flame.
7. When the stew froths and starts to boil switch of the flame.
8. In a small pan, heat oil for tempering. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add red chillies, asafetida and once they are lightly brown switch of the flame and add this seasoning to the stew.
9. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.