This recipe is pretty basic yet very tasty. For the curd rice lovers just like my husband and kids this meal is as satisfying as an ellaborate one. There is nothing whimsy to this recipe so I’ll jump right to it.
- Mustard seeds —2 Tbsp
- Urad dhal — 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves -few leaves
- Coriander leaves -1/4 cup
- Green chillies -2 nos (cut in to small pieces)
- Ginger -1/4 inch (cut in to small pieces)
- Cooked rice -2 cups
- Yogurt —as needed
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Salt -to taste
- Oil -1 Tbsp
- Asafetida -a pinch
1. In a kadai add 1 tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add urad dhal and when they turn red add ginger and green chillies. Now add curry leaves and asafetida.
2. In bowl mix cooked rice, salt, yogurt and milk to the required consistency.
3. Now add the tempered ingredients from step 1 and mix well.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with lime pickle and pulli millagai
- Cut cucumbers or red, green grapes can be added to the prepared rice if desired.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.