Green Chillies: 10-12 nos (hotter the chillies, better the taste)
Tamarind – lemon size (take a thick pulp with 3/4 cup of water)
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds -1Tbsp
Jaggery – small piece
1. Slice the green chillies length wise and keep it aside.
2. In a kadai, add a tbsp. of oil and mustard seeds and asafetida. Now fry the green chillies for a min. Please make sure you fry it in medium flame and the room is well ventilated. The green chillies when over fried can create fumes that can cause throat irritation.
3. Sprinle a tbsp. of water and salt. Cover and cook for about 5-7 mins till the green chillies are soft and cooked.
4. Add thick tamarind pulp to it and let it cook for another 5-7 mins. When the mixture thickens add a small piece of jaggery to it. Adjust salt to taste.
5. Let it cool and store it in jar. You can serve this with curd rice, lemon rice, upma.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.