Thanks for stopping by, I’m hosting the “Walk Through The Memory Lane” event started by Gayathri Kumar and I thank her for giving me the opportunity to do so. I didn’t know what event hosting was few months back but quickly learned that its an unique way of getting to know many bloggers, their space, their recipes, and much more. I see many bloggers use their creativity and talent and showcase it in such a way that even a novice in the kitchen would be tempted to try many new recipes. Hosting an event is not just to showcase and visit blogs, but to learn, share, and appreciate one another.
In my attempt to do so, I am hosting May month’s WTML event. Many a times we remember our parents, grandparents, friends, relatives, neighbors through some of their recipes and cooking. For example, I’m very fond of my mother’s poli, my mother-in-law’s kai murukku, and my daughter is very fond of her great grandmom’s (my patti/grandmother’s) Okra Sambar. Even though we may not stay close to one another but such fond memories make us remember and cherish our relationships more. Its so much fun and I’m looking forward to reading your cherished memories.
Some Rules/Guideline :
1. Link any number of recipes with a story or memories associated with your parents/grandparents/friends/relatives/neighbors.
2. While posting the recipe please give a link to this page and Gayathri’s Announcement page.
3. Usage of logo is optional. This will be useful to spread the word.
4. There are no restrictions for the number of new entries. If you are linking an archived entry, please update it with a link to this page. Two entries from the archives are accepted.
5. You don’t have to own a blog to submit the entries. Non-Bloggers can also send in their entries by sending the recipe to sizzlingveggies (at) gmail(dot)com. I will include it in the round up.
6. Please link your recipes with the linky tool provided below. If you undergo any problem in linking an entry, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
7. Gayathri will select an entry through random selection and give away the book for the selected entry. I request all my readers to help me in making this event a huge success.
Note that the books Gayathri is giving away are not sponsored and it is her own contribution to the event. The book she chose for this month’s event is “Chaat” by Tarla Dalal. I am not eligible for the give away. On the first of June, Gayathri will select a lucky winner and send an email. After receiving her email, please provide your shipping address to receive the book. She’ll ship the book within India so if you reside abroad, please give an address in India for her to ship.
Link your entries below
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.