Lemon – 10 medium nos
Fenugreek seeds -2Tbsp
Red Chilies Powder-1/2 cup (adjust to hotness of the powder)
Asafetida (hing) – 2 Tbsp
Salt -1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder -2Tbsp
Oil – 1/2cup
1. Cut and Soak lemon in salt and turmeric powder for a week. Yes, you read it right. To make a perfect pickle this step is very important. So please be patient and wait for a week for the lemon to soak and absorb the salt. Now that you have been this patient, let’s proceed to making this, one hot lime pickle that you can enjoy with any meal you like.
2. In a kadai, fry the fenugreek seeds without adding any oil. Allow it cool and grind it along with asafetida.
3. Heat oil in the kadai and let it get hot. Switch of the stove and add the ground powder and red chili powder in the hot oil.
4. Combine the soaked lemons with this hot oil mixture. Adjust salt and store it in an airtight container.
5. This pickle will last a long time when refrigerated.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.