I know I should blog more and I promise I’m working on it. Lot of life changing events the previous year has forced me to put blogging in the back burner. Now that I’m somewhat settled with the changes I’m coming back. With the help of my daughter who wanted to express her thoughts on the posts through her write up I will be able to contribute more time on the recipe and food photography. The below write up is my daughter’s first post, so a big shout out for her debut and many more to come.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
So are pancakes!
So recently I found myself in the depths of breakfast places here and there. I happened to by one very special supplier of pancakes. When I end up with my order I find these: two pretzel pancakes, a cup of butter, a cup of maple syrup, and the most peculiar thing. An orange cup. I look up at the cashier and give them a “uhh what’s this?” look. The lady at the register smiles. Coconut Caramel Pecan Topping. Wha? Ok. Yes. I’m allergic to pecans and it’s a terrible weight, but just thinking of it makes my mouth water. So of course my job was to go home and ask my mom to recreate an edible version. After I ate the pancakes obviously.
So here we are, Coconut Caramel ALMOND compote for the best of your pancakes.
- Caramel Sauce -- 1 cup
- Unsweetened Coconut( shredded) -- 1/2 cup
- Dry Roasted Almonds (unsalted) -- 15 (roughly chopped)
- cream -- 2 Tbsp (optional)
- In a double boiler or a glass bowl placed on a saucepan of simmering water, place all the ingredients in it and mix well.
- Add cream if the mixture is too thick and to loosen it to the required consistency. Switch off the stove and remove the glass bowl from the pan. Let it cool completely.
- Stack pancakes on top of one another and spread the compote, dig in!!! Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.