This recipe is for all the mushroom lovers and for people who have never tasted mushrooms. The best way to try mushrooms is through these sandwiches. Did you know that mushrooms are very rich in Selenium(an essential antioxidant that is needed to help strengthen your immune system)? For more information about mushrooms click here . The sandwich is cheesy, crunchy and spicy and so filling. We usually have this sandwich for breakfast, but I sometimes make it for dinner too.
Button Mushrooms(White or Crimini) –1 cup
Onion –1 (thinly sliced)
Ginger-garlic paste –1/4 tsp
Soy sauce –2 Tbsp
Idli Powder –1 Tbsp (Alternatively chilli sauce can be substituted for idli powder)
Ketchup –as needed
Honey Wheat Bread (Any kind/brand can be used)
Butter –as needed
Sliced Cheddar Cheese –1 slice/sandwich
1. In a kadai, add 1 Tbsp of oil, ginger-garlic paste and sliced onions. Sautee till the onions are crisp and golden brown.
2. Now add sliced button mushrooms and fry till the mushrooms are well cooked. Add soy sauce and combine. Add salt if needed (as soy sauce is salty, make sure you taste before adding salt).
3. If you are serving this sandwich for kids, skip this step. Otherwise, add idli powder /chilli sauce and sautee for another min.
4. Place a slice of cheese on top of the mushroom and let it melt on top of it.
5. In a griddle, toast 2 slices of bread till crisp and brown.
6. Transfer the mushroom with cheese on top of one slice of bread, add ketchup and cover with another slice of bread. Enjoy this easy n tasty sandwich with salad or bowl of fruits.
Sautee ginger-garlic paste, onions and mushrooms.
Add idli powder/chilli sauce and melt chesse on top.
Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.