Gobi Manchurian is an Indo-Chinese dish and I love Gobi in the form of manchurian. My daughter orders this dish whenever we go to Indian restaurant. If I cook Gobi(cauliflower) in any other form I get big faces and mumbling from the entire family. Yesterday, on the other hand I got extra help in setting the table, putting the toys away without any complaints because I was making Gobi Manchurian for dinner. With the right batter, the gobi’s do retain some crunchiness when mixed with hot, sweet, spicy, and tangy sauce that gives this dish a deserving five star treatment. This dish can be either made dry (to be served as an appetizer or snack) or gravy (to be served with rice/noodles). I’m sending this to “I’m the Star Event“, by Rasi.
Cauliflower –1 medium size (cut in to small florets)
Ginger —3 Tbsp (finely shredded)
Garlic —3 Tbsp (finely chopped)
Onion –1 (finely chopped)
Spring Onions —1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
Green Chilles —3 (finely chopped)
Soy Sauce –3 Tbsp
Sweet & Sour Sauce — 2 Tbsp
Chilli Sauce –as needed
Corn Starch — 2 Tbsp
Maida (All purpose flour) –2 Tbsp
Rice Flour –1 Tbsp
Coriander Leaves —3 Tbsp (finely chopped)
Salt –as needed
Oil –for frying
1. Cut cauliflower in to small florets and soak in water with 1/4 tsp of salt for 10 mins. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix maida, corn flour, rice flour, salt, 1/4 tsp of chilli paste, and 1/4 tsp of garlic with little bit of water in to thick and smooth batter. Make sure they are free of lumps. Add 1/2 tsp of finely chopped spring onions and 1/2 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a kadai for frying. Immerse each floret in the batter prepared in step 2 and deep fry in oil. Fry the florets till they are golden brown. Repeat with other florets and keep aside in strainer.
4. To prepare the sauce, heat oil in kadai, add ginger, garlic, white part of spring onions, onions. Fry till onions are crisp and golden brown.
5. Now add soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and chilli sauce. Sprinkle green part of spring onions.
6. Skip this step if serving the manchurians dry. If you are planning to make manchurian gravy then add 1 cup of water to the sauce. Mix 1 1/2 Tbsp of corn starch with 1/2 cup of water in to fine paste with out any lumps. Add this paste in the gravy and let it boil and thicken for a min.
6. When ready to serve, mix the fried cauliflowers with the sauce. Serve it just as it is as an appetizer/snack or as gravy with rice and noodles. Enjoy.
Cut and soak cauliflower florets in salt water.
Make a batter of maida,corn starch, and rice flour along with other ingredients.
Dip each florets in the batter and deep fry in oil.
Prepare sauce as per step 4 and step 5.
When ready to serve, mix the deep fried florets with the sauce and serve.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.