I don’t know why but I have a strong urge to try a recipe that has some uniqueness attached either in their name, origin, or ingredients. I had many recipes bookmarked from Vaishali’s blog(my blog hop partner for this month) but this recipe totally caught my eye not just with its name but with just 3 ingredients its amazingly very simple to make, isn’t that what we all eagerly search for in a recipe? It’s not a surprise that I’ve started liking sweetened condensed milk a lot like a million or billion, maybe? It makes life easier especially when we need to make a quick dessert. Just like S.C.M(sweetened condensed milk) my new-found creamy butter is speculoos cookie butter from Trader Joe’s. Though Vaishali’s recipe didn’t use cookie butter I personalized it as I was in mood for some experimentation.
The brigadeiro tasted awesome with a chocolatey, chewy texture (I guess the cookie butter contributed to the chewy texture) and I topped them mostly with powdered sugar and cocoa mixture. To make my kids go crazy with options I rolled some on sprinkles, some on sugar pearls, some on sweetened coconut scrapings, and some on plain powdered sugar. I guess the toppings were so tempting that they started a ruckus on who gets what. I sure did start this fight and I’m off for some mediation. See ya later!
Heat sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cocoa powder in a non-stick pan. Stir continuously to combine all the ingredients well with heat on medium flame.
When the mixture begins to boil, add cookie butter. Combine well and continue stirring under medium flame until the mixture thickens. Switch off flame and when cool enough to handle, grease the palm of your hand with butter and roll the brigadeiros into small balls and roll them on toppings of your choice. It’s that simple to make, Enjoy!!!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk -- 1 can (398 ml or 14 oz)
- Butter -- 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder -- 2 Tbsp
- Cookie Butter (I used Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter) -- 2 Tbsp (optional)
- In a non-stick pan, heat sweetened condensed milk, butter, cocoa powder under medium flame. Stir continuously until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add cookie butter and mix well. Continue stirring under medium heat until the mixture thickens into a mass and leaves the side of the pan. Switch off the flame and let them cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, grease your hands with little butter and make small balls. Roll the balls on either powdered sugar, sugar sprinkles, sugar pearls, coconut scrapings, mixture of cocoa and powdered sugar or anything else that'll suit your taste. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.