Another variation for serving the urad dal vada is dahi vada. Soaked in thick curd and spiced with ground paste of green chillies, ginger, coconut and topped with boondi and fine sev, this variation tends to be the favorite among my kids. The procedure is very similar to making rasa vadas but instead of soaking the vadas in rasam these vadas are soaked in special curd. I’m giving the recipe for 10 Dahi Vada’s.
Thick Curds –1 1/2 cups
Green Chillies –2
Ginger –1/4 inch piece
Coconut –1 Tbsp
Chat masala –1/4 tsp
Salt –1/2 tsp
Boondi, Fine Sev, Coriander leaves –as needed for garnishing
1. For detail recipe of making vadas click here .
2. Grind green chillies, ginger, coconut in to fine paste. Whip thick curds and add the ground paste and mix well with curds.
3. Boil water in a pot. Simmer it in to low so that the water is not bubbling but hot.
4. Once the vadas are brown and ready, drop them to the boiling water. Flip after 2 mins in the water. Squeeze lightly between 2 laddles or spoons and drop in prepare curd mixture. Repeat this step for each batch.
5. While serving take each vada along with some curd and top with boondi and fine sev. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.