“I’m not gaining weight, I’m retaining food” — author unkown
Currently my weighing scale and I are on a hiatus as we don’t communicate well with one another. I want the scale to tip in the right direction but no matter what I do, they seem to tip the wrong way. I’ve stopped caring about weight gain and started focusing on clean and healthy eating, with small indulgences every now and then. Don’t question me further as the entire truth may come out.
I’ve been eating quinoa for the past few years and I absolutely love the nutty flavor with its grainy texture. Also, I prefer to eat warm salad for lunch. This recipe is perfect for single-serve and I don’t feel sleepy due to food coma. The recipe is packed with goodness of kale and protein rich with tofu and quinoa. The days I eat this salad, my tummy feels quite satisfied for longer periods of time so I snack less, a big reprieve for my grabby hands. I prefer to eat this salad bland, with soy sauce as the only condiment. However, if you would like to make it spicy add a dash of hot sauce or chilli sauce. Enjoy!!!
- Quinoa -- 1/2 cup (cooked)
- Kale -- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Carrot -- 1/4 cup (julienne cut)
- Broccoli Stalk -- 1/4 cup (julienne cut)
- Tofu -- 1/2 package (about 6 ounce), cut into cubes
- Garlic -- 1 medium pod (finely chopped)
- Light Soy Sauce -- 1 Tbsp
- Cooking Oil -- 1 tsp
- Salt -- as needed
- Hot Sauce/Chilli Sauce -- as needed (optional)
- Cook Quinoa as per package instructions. In a large sauce pan, heat oil and add garlic. Saute till raw smell leaves, add kale, carrot, broccoli stalk and let it fry for few minutes until kale changes color to dark green.
- Now add soy sauce and quinoa and mix well. Add tofu and toss gently. Check for salt, as soy sauce is quite salty and add salt if needed. Add hot sauce/chilli sauce if using and gently mix so that the tofu doesn't scramble. Plate the salad in a serving plate and serve immediately. This salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Reheat them before serving. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.