“The colors of a fresh garden salad are so extraordinary, no painter’s pallet can duplicate nature’s artistry.” — Dr. SunWolf
When people think of salad, they imagine a soggy lettuce which gets even more soaked by the overuse of salad dressing. I was one of them until I started to incorporate different types of salads in my meals. In fact, salad can be an easy dish where you can use your creativity and can’t wrong with the results. I love to add a variety of vegetables in vibrant colors which gives a beautiful mosaic of colors on my plate.
Greek salad as such is very tasty and also easy to make. I enhanced its taste even more by adding quinoa to it. This salad stores well in refrigerator for days and is best when served cold. The best part of this salad is the contrasting texture of crunchy vegetables like cucumbers, bell peppers with creamy avocado. A simple yet flavorful dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper completes the salad without much fanfare. I’m not going to the details or the awe factor about quinoa, when a simple google search is going to deliver pages of detailing the benefits of quinoa. But I guarantee this salad is very delicious and you’ll most likely be making them often. Enjoy!!!
- Quinoa -- 1/3 cup (cooked)
- Persian Cucumbers --1 medium
- Red Bell Pepper -- 1/4 cup (cut in to small cubes)
- Sliced Black Olives -- 1 small can (washed, rinsed) about 1/2 cup
- Red Onion -- 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Avocado -- 1 (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- Olive Oil -- 1 Tbsp
- Lemon --1
- Salt -- to taste
- Pepper -- to taste
- Combine cucumbers, red bell pepper, olives, onion, and quinoa in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Adjust the quantity to taste.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and mix well. Now add avocado and mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.