Morning rush is always fun for my husband to watch us run around the house like wild kids. Well, it depends on what you tag as “fun”. To me it’s like a roller coaster kind of fun. Where you go through whirlwind of rushing everyone and constantly reminding them to eat their breakfast before it’s too late to rush off to their daily chores. I’m not a morning person at all I often don’t like elaborate breakfasts, nothing fancy– a bowl of Honey nut Cheerios and warm milk and you can see me smile. Recently I’ve started watching what I eat under a microscope, mentally making note of what kind of healthy foods I stuff inside my mouth. My doctor’s advice was to eat whole grain foods and no processed foods aka no cereal. Not eating Cheerios is something that needs more than one doctor’s office visit to convince me. But I’m trying to acquire taste for whole grain substitute to pull myself away from my bonding with Cheerios. The goggle search for healthy breakfast always leads me head on with oatmeal. I don’t like their mushy texture in my cereal bowl and with a grunt I set on an online ramble to find peace with oatmeal. I found this recipe at Keeping up with Joneses and I fell in love with the recipe because it’s so healthy with no butter or flour. I substituted yogurt with Fage (kind of Greek yogurt with 23g of protein for every cup..no kidding!!!) and before I set you off with the recipe here’s a pinky promise secret I used, I added some chocolate chips as a bait to attract my kids to try them and they loved it. Hush! they don’t know it contains all the good stuff and that’s a secret I’m planning to keep from them.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth in a food processor or blender.
That’s all to it….pour the batter in prepared muffin tins. Bake at 400 F for 20 mins or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!!!
- Old Fashioned Oats (not the quick oats) -- 2 1/2 cups
- Plain Low fat Greek yogurt (I used Fage) -- 1 cup
- Eggs -- 2
- Sugar or sweetener of choice -- 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder -- 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda -- 1/2 tsp
- Ripe Bananas -- 2
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chops -- 3/4 cup (I like more chocolate chips in my muffins, feel free to adjust it to your taste)
- In a food processor or blender combine yogurt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 cup of oats.
- Add ripe bananas, eggs, and rest of the oats little by little and blend until well combined and the batter is smooth. Gently mix the chocolate chips into the batter. Alternatively top each muffin cup with chocolate chips.
- Prepare the muffin tin with non-stick spray. Do not line your muffin pans with paper liners as the muffins tend to stick with the paper.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pans at least 3/4 full and bake at 400 F preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#25
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.