“I wish my stove came with Save As button like word has. That way I could experiment my cooking and not fear ruining my dinner.” -Jarod Kintz.
Don’t we all? I would go one step ahead and wish my oven can listen to me and bake my recipes and deliver the result the way I had imagined. If not go to that extent of being a gene, the least my oven could have done was to stop my cheese bites from becoming a puddle. This recipe has not once but twice failed me from retaining its shape. I wanted to get a crispy baked cheese bites but have consistently ended up with a puddle. This time I didn’t want to stand in front of my kids sheepishly explaining my mishap so grabbed a toothpick and rolled the puddles. It was a super hit and I’ve concluded that presentation is all that matters to my kids. With raving reviews and promises to make more of these finger foods they quickly disappeared from the plate with a side of marinara sauce.
Very simple to make, this recipe taken from here wears different hats from being a perfect after school snack to “mommy, boring!!! Can I have something to eat” snack, to a perfect party pleaser or a side for pasta or pizza.
If you do plan to bake these, try and see if the notes help you get a perfect baked cheese bites and do share your experiences, would love to hear from you.
Mozarella cheese sticks — 3
Italian bread crumbs — 1/4 cup (I just made some fresh bread crumbs)
Parmesan cheese — 1/4 cup (I used Mexican blend shredded cheese)
Garlic salt — 1/4 tsp
Milk — as needed for coating the chesse (I used Greek yogurt for coating)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cheese sticks in to small bites. Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt in a small bowl. Have milk/yogurt in another shallow bowl, dip each cheese bites in milk/yogurt and coat the cheese evenly, dip on to the bread-cheese mixture and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese bites browns. Mine turned to puddle as you all know and if your does, roll them in a toothpick immediately after removing from oven. Serve with marinara sauce and Enjoy!!!
1. Try using fat free cheese sticks(not part skim), I’m yet to try that option.
2. Try to freeze your cheese sticks few hours before making this recipe.
3. Try using Italian bread crumbs (I need to try this option too).
My Day 1, Group2 recipe for blogging marathon under kid’s delight theme. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.