Chips have become an integral part of a meal be it any kind of cuisine. There’s always a bag of chips in my pantry and a handful of them lands on my plate magically adding those 200-300 calories. In order to make these crunchy ones a little healthier I baked the frozen spring roll pastry sheets in to chips with garlic and Italian herbs. They were a little skinny compared to classic potato chips but totally irresistible. As a child I was very skinny and my brother wouldn’t miss a chance to make fun of me that he can count my bones without an x-ray. Now I’m always desperately trying to loose weight not to be skinny but to stay fit and healthy. I preferred having these skinny ones with soups more than as a snack, but my kids just snacked them as is and it was very well liked by my family.
Whole wheat spring roll pastry sheets (frozen) — 3 to 4 sheets
Garlic — 2 to 3 Tbsp
Italian herb seasoning — 1 Tbsp
Olive oil — 1/4 cup
Salt/Seasoned salt — 1/4 tsp
Parmesan Cheese (grated) — 1/4 to 1/2 cup
1. Thaw the frozen pastry sheets to room temperature. Cut them in to 8 equal squares. If your sheets are of different dimensions then cut them it to small squares.
2. Mix olive oil, seasoned salt, garlic, Italian herb seasoning in a bowl.
3. Arrange the squares on a baking sheet (depending on the quantity and the size of your baking sheet you may have to bake more than one batch). Brush the olive oil mixture on each of the squares and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake in 425F for about 2 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Cool in wire rack. Now what are you waiting for, dig right in and Enjoy!!!
1. These chips were fresh in an airtight container for at least 3 days.
2. Watch at least one batch for the correct baking time as it may vary depending on the oven and the brand of pastry sheet.
My Day 1, group 3 recipe under “Deep Fried Snacks made Healthy” theme. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#18
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.