When I’m bored with eating leftovers for lunch, sandwiches are my rescue. A meal that can definitely be made just for me without any leftovers. They are super simple to fix but can be boring if there is no zing or the “ooh” factor that lights up your eye and makes you take an even bigger bite the next time. I generally don’t mix fruits in my main course and was drawn to this sandwich taken from here, for its simplicity and a new trial towards adding fruit to my sandwich. I know the thought, I did go through the same debate in my mind, if I should pass or boldly try the sandwich. This sandwich takes only 2 minutes to make from start to finish, no kidding, so I decided to try to see if this sandwich was worth those 2 minutes.
I’m so glad that I tried as they tasted fantastic and very satisfying. The subtle sweetness of peach, the juicy tomatoes, the crunchy onions, the aromatic flavor from basil all danced in perfect harmony making this one delicious sandwich that’s sure to please any type of crowd. If you happen to have 2 minutes in your day and would want to fix a quick meal, this recipes is all you’ll need.
- Ricotta Cheese (part-skim) -- 2 Tbsp
- Tomato -- 3 slices
- Peach -- 3 slices
- Onion -- 2 slices
- Fresh Basil -- few leaves (chopped or whole leaves)
- Salt -- to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil -- a drizzle
- Pepper -- to taste
- Double Fiber Whole Wheat Bread (or any other kind of bread) -- 2 slices
- Toast the bread until golden brown (I used the toaster, can be toasted in oven)
- Spread ricotta cheese liberally on both the slices. Arrange tomato slices and peach slices on top of each other on one slice.
- Arrange onions and basil leaves on the other. Cover one slice on another, press lightly. Take a deep breath, and a big bite. Enjoy!!!
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#21.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.