“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces just good food from fresh ingredients” — Julia Child
Don’t you agree? I’ve cooked complicated foods, standing for hours trying to do it the authentic way and the results have been rewarding. I’ve also cooked food within minutes and with right ingredients they’re just as satisfying as complicated ones. I recently brought home a bag full of homegrown fuyu persimmons from my friend’s backyard. Even though we love to eat persimmons just as is, I wanted to use them in a recipe. I’ve been thinking of making spinach and mandarin orange salad for a long time, since I didn’t have any oranges at home I searched for persimmon salad and came across this recipe (from myrecipes).
I loved the salad, you can’t go wrong with this recipe as they were made with fresh ingredients. I substituted glazed walnuts with roasted almonds as my kids are allergic to walnuts. Next time I’m either going to glaze the almonds or get honey glazed almonds for this recipe. The crunchiness from the persimmon was perfect with the sweet orange marmalade dressing. Even though this recipe seems simple they do provide a festive touch with their vibrant color and excellent taste. Enjoy!!!
- Spinach --- 1 1/4 lbs (about 8 cups)
- Fuyu Persimmons --3 Firm (peeled and sliced into thin wedges)
- Glazed Almonds-- 3/4 cup (can be substituted with glazed walnuts)
- Rice Vinegar -- 1/4 cup
- Toasted Sesame Oil -- 1 tsp
- Orange Marmalade -- 2 Tbsp
- Salt & Pepper -- to taste
- In a large bowl whisk vinegar, sesame oil, orange marmalade, salt and pepper until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach, persimmons, and glazed almonds to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.