“Life is too short, and I’m Italian. I’d much rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size 0.” — Sophia Bush
I’m not Italian and I would still say I’d much rather eat pasta than be a size 0. They are so easy to make and yet can be so rich depending on the ingredients and the sauce used in the recipe. Today’s recipe is a great option for an easy and quick weekday dinner. The recipe took about 15 minutes to prepare and was delicious to taste.
Everyone has comfort foods and my daughter’s comfort food is hands down anything Italian. She loves pasta in any form and has learnt to make macaroni and cheese by herself. She doesn’t show any keen interest in cooking like I did when I was at her age. I guess she’s got Italian dishes squared away and can survive on pasta alone if that’s the only thing she can cook. I think she’ll be happy to make this dish all by herself and its that easy. Although my kids don’t favor sun-dried tomatoes they didn’t mind this sauce as the tomatoes were cooked in the sauce and not just added as a garnish. Enjoy!!!
Recipe Source: meals
- Penne Pasta -- 2 cups (8 oz), dry
- Sun Dried Tomatoes -- about 8 (roughly chopped to measure about 1/3 cup)
- Evaporated Low fat 2% milk -- 1 can (12 oz)
- Italian Cheese Blend -- 2 cups
- Dried Basil --1 tsp (I used frozen basil)
- Garlic Powder -- 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper -- 1/4 tsp
- Salt -- to taste (if needed)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain cooked pasta and wash with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drizzle olive oil and lightly coat the pasta so they don't get dry.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan add chopped sun dried tomatoes along with the oil in which they were soaked. Sautee for about 30 seconds. Add evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add salt if needed. Cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine pasta and the sun-dried tomato sauce and stir until well combined. Top with more cheese if preferred. Serve hot and Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.