Fried rice are very common and are most welcome to the rice eaters in my family. We hardly dine at Chinese or Thai restaurants as my son is allergic to peanuts and sesame seeds. Having to explain the allergies and further investigate if peanut or sesame seeds were used in a particular dish makes the dinning experience a harrowing one. I make most of my kids favorite Chinese dishes modified to their taste at home and it goes without say that I do toss in one or two healthier ingredients. Usually my fried rice are filled with colorful vegetables and cubed tofu so as a variation I made this fried rice with corn(my kids favorite vegetable), string beans and substituted tofu with edamame. Edamame is nothing but green soybean shelled or in pod, available as frozen in most of the major supermarkets around here. I always have a pack of shelled soybean ready to eat variety in my freezer and often times I substitute them for frozen peas in many of the dishes.
- Cooked White Rice/Brown Rice -- 1 cup
- Edamame (frozen, shelled, ready to eat) -- 1/4 cup
- String Beans (frozen) -- 1/4 cup
- Corn (frozen) -- 1/4 cup
- Scallions -- 3 (chop the white and green part separately)
- Soy Sauce -- 1 Tbsp
- Schezwan Sauce -- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce -- 1/4 tsp
- Garlic -- 2 medium pods (finely chopped)
- Salt -- to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper -- to taste (optional)
- Cooking Oil -- 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a wide wok. Add chopped garlic, white part of the scallions. Saute for 30 seconds. Now add edamame, string beans, corn and saute till the vegetables are cooked but crisp.
- Add cooked rice, salt, soy sauce, schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce, and black pepper(if using) and stir in high heat. Saute the fried rice for about 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables and the sauce are well mixed with the rice. Adjust spice and sauce to your taste. Garnish with green part of the scallions. Serve hot. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.