The name of this recipe is so enticing. I was in heaven tasting these chocolate covered strawberries with a oozing cheesecake stuffing. Strawberries are in season and I wanted to make something new with strawberries apart from my daily protein shake. What better way to feature these strawberries as whole than these beauties?
The recipe is quite easy once you have the assembly line set up. All you need is a paring knife and a piping bag or Ziploc bag. Once you remove the stem from the strawberries, scoop out the insides to stuff the cheesecake. Then pipe the stuffing inside and set on a sheet of parchment paper. Melt chocolate and carefully dip the strawberries and set on the parchment paper again to harden. Chill and serve. Quite easy isn’t it? This recipe is a good cooking project for little hands. I’m sure we’ll be eating strawberries more often this way, how about you?
Recipe Source: allrecipes
- Fresh Strawberries -- 1 pint
- Chocolate Candy Coating -- 4 squares (8 ounces)
- Cream Cheese -- 1 package (8 ounce), softened
- Confectioners sugar -- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract -- 1/2 tsp
- Graham Crackers -- 2 (crushed), adjust as needed
- Remove the stems and gently scoop the insides of the strawberries using a paring knife. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or a ziplock bag with a corner snipped. Set aside.
- Pipe the cheesecake stuffing inside each of the strawberries. Refrigerate while the chocolate is melting.
- In a double boiler or microwave the chocolate candy coating until it melts and is smooth. Dip each strawberries in chocolate and place it on parchment paper until the chocolate hardens. Chill until ready to serve. Remove few minutes before serving and dip the cheesecake filled side of the strawberries in a plate of crushed graham crackers just to coat. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.