Wraps and Sandwiches are ideal foods for road trips and picnics. This recipe is protein rich and can be customized to one’s taste. I used to think that wraps need to be eaten as and when they are made but I quite liked the taste of soft wraps that were made few hours before during one of our road trips. They are one whole meal wrapped in tortilla and can be made protein rich by adding some scrambled egg whites to give that extra boost. I packed some fruits to add some freshness to make it a complete meal. There isn’t much to explain what goes into this wrap all they have is some sautéed vegetables with pinto beans, scrambled egg whites, avocado, hint of salt, hot sauce, and loads of love. Enjoy!!!
- Tortillas -- as needed
- Onion --1 big (chopped)
- Garlic -- 2 pods (finely chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper -- 1 big (cubed)
- Broccoli Florets -- 1/4 cup
- Carrot -- 1 big (cubed)
- Pinto Beans -- 1 15 oz can (drained, rinsed)
- Avocado -- 1 big (cubed)
- Egg Whites -- 1 cup
- Salt -- to taste
- Black Pepper -- 1/2 tsp
- Taco Seasoning -- 1 tsp
- Hot Sauce -- as needed
- Oil -- 3 Tbsp
- In a large pan, heat 2 Tbsp oil add chopped garlic and saute for a minute. Add chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add chopped red bell pepper, carrots, broccoli florets and saute for few minutes. The vegetables should be cooked but still have the crunch. Add pinto beans, salt, taco seasoning, hot sauce and mix well. Fry till the vegetables absorb the spice and the moisture from the sauce is all evaporated. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- While the vegetables are cooling make the scrambled eggs. In a small pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil. Once the oil is heated add egg whites and scramble them quickly with a spatula. Season with salt and black pepper. Once the egg whites are cooked, switch off the flame. Let it cool for a minute.
- When ready to make wrap. Warm tortillas in a flat griddle or microwave for 10 sec. Add some sauteed vegetables, 1 tsp of scrambled egg whites, cubed avocados. Wrap them. Cut and serve. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.