I told myself it’s ok to indulge once in a while and I’ve been telling that for the past few days. With preceding festive days snacks and sweets are stacked up so high that they can easily touch my kitchen ceiling. I’ll worry about the after effects when I need to face the one and only enemy in my house, “The weighing scale” after having this shake. I can be crazy sometimes and so is the weather here, some days are so cold that I dress up like an Eskimo with knitted hats, thick sweater, scarf, and knee high socks at home(No, No, No…don’t you imagine me like that!) and in couple of days the weather is so sunny that I don’t need a sweater and can be out with a t-shirt and leggings(that’s more like me…hehehe!). With the constant change in weather my body is so confused that I end up eating out-of-the weather foods such as icecream on supposedly cold days and when I have a scratchy throat the urge is even stronger. Hush!!!! Don’t tell my husband as I can already imagine him holding a stick jumping up and down with his famous dialogue—“I told you so….”
If you are like me and love icecream especially in cold weather then this shake is for you and with coffee flavor it gets even better. I used combination of coffee, coffee ice cream, cocoa, cookie butter, and Oreo cookies and what’s not to like in them. As Keri Arthur rightly said, “Chocolate, coffee, and ice cream were far more reliable when it came to providing a good time, and at least they would never disappoint me.” this shake has more than what’s needed to give you a good time and thereby will not disappoint you, at least it didn’t for me.
- Milk -- 3/4 cup
- Instant Coffee -- 1 to 2 tsp
- Cocoa Powder -- 1 tsp (heaped)
- Oreo Cookies -- 2
- Cookie Butter --- 1 1/2 Tbsp (can substitute Almond Butter or Nutella)
- Coffee Flavored Ice Cream or any other flavor or plain Vanilla Icecream -- 3 scoops (big and heaped)
- Ice Cubes -- 4 to 5 cubes
- Whipped Cream -- few tsp for garnish (optional)
- Cocoa Powder -- for dusting (optional)
- In a blender, process instant coffee powder, cookie butter, Oreo cookies, ice cream, ice cubes, cocoa powder for about 2 to 3 minutes until all the ingredients are well blended and the shake is thick and creamy.
- Serve the shake in a tall glass and top with whipped cream and cocoa powder. Don't wait or it'll be gone. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.