“A Balanced Diet is Chocolate in Both Hands” — unkown
People who eat loads of food and never gain weight….I so envy you. All I have to do is breathe or just think about food and poof!!! my weighing scale seems to tip in the wrong direction. A balanced diet may be the best medicine to solve my health issues. Well, my definition of balanced diet is exactly what the quote says. This recipe is perfect for me– with banana power, chocolate and more chocolate and even more chocolate. Don’t you agree?
I’m one of those people who have to mask the smell of banana in recipes, what better way than to do it with chocolate. The bread is so rich in chocolate, the texture kind of resembles a chocolate cake. I used coconut oil and it gave a moist texture to the bread and it was pure decadence. I don’t think I need to explain more about this bread, the pictures should speak for themselves. This bread can be stored in a refrigerator for about a week, reheat them for about 10-15 seconds before serving. Never underestimate the power of chocolate. Enjoy!!!
Recipe Source: livforcake
- All Purpose Flour -- 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder -- 1/2 cup *
- Baking Soda -- 1 tsp
- Salt -- 1/4 tsp
- Espresso Powder -- 1 Tbsp (optional)
- Bananas -- 1 cup (approx 2 large over ripe bananas)
- Organic Coconut Oil -- 3/4 cup melted (can be substituted with vegetable oil)
- Light Brown Sugar -- 3/4 cup
- Egg -- 1 large
- Vanilla Extract -- 1 tsp
- Chocolate Chips -- 1 cup
- Dark Chocolate -- 5 oz (chopped)
- Heavy Cream -- 5 oz
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9"x5" loaf pan with grease and flour or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder (if using), and salt.
- In another bowl mix mashed bananas, coconut oil, sugar, egg, vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. If you are mixing using mixer, then first add all the wet ingredients to the mixer and then add dry ingredients one by one until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips to the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 55-65 mins o r until tooth pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread completely in wire rack before adding the ganache. Enjoy!!!
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Microwave or in a stovetop bring cream to a slight simmer. Pour the cream over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap for about 2 mins. Stir well with a spatula. Cool completely before topping the bread. Leftover ganache store well in refrigerator. Enjoy!!!
* This recipe is very rich with chocolate which was perfect for me. If you prefer it less chocolatey, reduce cocoa powder to 1/4 cup and increase all purpose flour to 1 1/4 cup.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.