A big hello and I’m welcoming myself back to the world of blogging after a fairly long break. Every couple of years I visit my folks and recharge myself with their pampering and come back completely rejeuvenated. I day dream filled with longing memories of going on vacation again only to be shaken by the hustle and bustle of my daily routine which keeps me running on my toes from morning to night.
My only seclude is getting to blog again and trying new recipes that make my kids eyes sparkle with excitement to their favorite dishes. That is one of the reasons to sign up for Kid’s Delight – Chocolate theme for this month’s Blogging Marathon. I haven’t tried making fudge before mistaking them for elaborate desserts until I saw this recipe in a cookbook by Tarla Dalal and was awe struck by its simplicity in making yet totally devouring. If you would like to make ‘good’ use of 15 minutes of your day then follow along the recipe below and you won’t be disappointed.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Sweetened Condensed Milk — 1/2 can(200 grams)
Cocoa Powder — 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essence — 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida) — 1 Tbsp
Butter — 1/2 cup (60 grams)
Chopped Roasted Almonds — 1/2 cup
Oil for greasing
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, all purpose flour, butter. Mix well making sure there are no lumps. Cook over a medium flame, stirring continuously.
2. Cook till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan (approximately 10 minutes).
3. Add chopped almonds to the mixture and mix well.
4. Grease a 4″x 4″ (100mm x 100mm) square pan. Pour the mixture in to the pan and allow it to set at room temperature.
5. Cut in to pieces and store in air tight container.
1. I didn’t have a 4″ x 4″ square pan so I added a barrier using aluminum foil by folding them multiple times.
2. Almonds can be substituted with walnuts or cashewnuts.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.