Happy Birthday Sizzlingveggies! I can’t believe that Sizzlingveggies turned one already. Phew! talk about how time flies ….anyway since its almost Valentines Day I thought I’ll do a special post to celebrate my one year of wonderful blogging and the heart day together. Looking back I’m extremely proud and exhilarated by the sheer amount of learning the knicks and knacks of blogging, designing the website, photography, recipe writing, making friends (the most important of all), and trying new recipes to name a few. I’m also very thankful for my wonderful readers for trying my recipes and leaving me an honest feedback, I appreciate it from my heart. I also want to thank all my subscribers and followers, thank you for your confidence in me and my website.
Coming to this recipe, I saw this recipe as usual while browsing for special recipe and a unique one to suit this special occasion. I made a few modifications to the original recipe but it’s adapted from Pillsbury. The cheese cupcakes were just awesome beyond words. There are few dishes that qualify as one that needs to be tasted at least once in a lifetime and this one happens to be the first on the list. Surprisingly they are quite easy to make and so there should be no excuse for not trying. Are you ready? If you try, do let me know how you liked it. Will ya? Wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day!!!
Gently press the Oreo mixture (powdered Oreo cookies with melted butter) in the muffin foil. Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Add cocoa powder, red food coloring, vanilla essence and mix well. Beat in eggs until well combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared muffin tins. Bake at 350 F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 15 minutes. Refrigerate for at least an hour before adding the frosting. For the frosting beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla essence until fluffy and firm. Spoon the frosting into the piping bag and top the cheese cupcakes just before serving. I also added powdered candy cane and heart sprinkles for extra zing. Enjoy!!!
- Oreo Cookies -- about 18 cookies (crushed or powdered in a blender)
- Butter -- 1 Tbsp
- Cream Cheese -- 1 package (8 oz), softened
- Granulated Sugar -- 1 cup (I have a big sweet tooth.....if you prefer not so sweet then reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup)
- Unsweetened Baking Cocoa -- 1 cup (I felt it was little chocolatey, not that I'm complaining. But if you are aiming for bright red color, reduce the cocoa to 1/2 cup)
- Vanilla Essence -- 2 tsp
- Red Food Color -- 3 tsp
- Eggs -- 2
- Heavy Whipping Cream -- 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar -- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence -- 1 1/2 tsp
- Powdered Candy Cane -- 1/4 cup (optional)
- Heart Shaped Sprinkles -- as required (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place foil baking cup in each of regular-size muffin cups. I used 6 muffin cups and 4 (4 oz) ramekins. In small bowl, mix crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter. Divide crumb mixture among cups and firmly press cookie crumbs in bottom of each foil cup.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar and the cocoa until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color followed by eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Divide batter evenly among baking cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 15 minutes with the foil. The top of the cupcakes will sink during cooling. Refrigerate in baking cups for an hour. Cover and refrigerate for another hour before serving.
- Just before serving, whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Spoon the frosting into the piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with the frosting. Top with powdered candy cane and heart sprinkles. Enjoy!!!
Groovy Gourmets are baking cupcakes with frosting and I joined them recently. So this will be my first post.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.