I don’t like guessing games. Period. My daughter constantly engages me in her guessing games and I just suck at it. Today’s game was for me to guess the picture she drew for her science homework. Oh boy, I didn’t know I could guess so many animals and she was so pissed at each of the wrong guesses that I ended up with a swollen arm (one hit for each wrong one!!!). I think its time for glasses or animal lessons or better yet, time to enroll my daughter in an art class.
Anyway, without keeping you from further guessing on what’s today’s recipe, its “Mocha choco coconut banana muffins”. I think I’ve laid out almost all the main ingredients in the recipe. As many of you know I spite at bananas but like them (yes, you read it right) in only muffins. The unique combination of coffee, chocolate, coconut, and banana is just awesome. I think this recipe is a truce between me and bananas. My kids loved them and on a second thought I should have made my daughter guess the ingredients in these muffins, I don’t think she would have stood a chance just like I don’t in her court. Feel free to share your thoughts, I’m looking forward to reading them.
In a food processor blend butter, brown sugar, white sugar until creamy. Add egg, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, coffee granules and process them until light and creamy.
In a separate bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients little by little until well combined. Fold everything together. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chips, coconut flakes and fold gently. Spoon the batter 2/3 of the prepared muffin molds. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until the muffins turn slightly golden brown and if a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!!!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
- All Purpose Flour -- 2 1/4 cups
- Salt -- 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder -- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda -- 1 tsp
- Light Brown Sugar -- 3/4 cup
- White Sugar -- 1/2 cup
- Butter (room temperature) -- 1 cup
- Egg -- 1 cup
- Ripe Bananans -- 3 (mashed or pureed)
- Instand Dried Coffee Granules -- 1 Tbsp
- Vanilla Extract -- 1 tsp
- Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chip -- 1 cup
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes -- 1/4 cup
- In a food processor blend butter, brown sugar, white sugar until creamy. Add egg, ripe bananas, vanilla extract, instant dried coffee granules and blend them until well combined.
- In a separate bowl sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients from step 1 and mix gently until all the flour mixture are incorporated. Gently fold everything together do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes in to the batter and fold gently. Add 2/3 of the batter into prepared muffin molds.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until the muffin turns slightly golden brown and if toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!!!
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#20. Linking this entry to Kid’s Delight event started by Srivalli and hosted by Vaishali. Also linking this entry to Vardhini’s Bake Fest Event hosted by Archana.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.