I’m getting to be a baker, yesterday I wanted to experiment with baking (blaming on my new hand mixer). I had some leftover pineapple pieces sitting on the kitchen counter top and couldn’t resist the thought of making a cake out of it. I wanted to make it eggless and use up the condensed milk in my pantry which I specifically bought for baking but never got a chance to bake anything with it. So off I went in search of a fool proof recipe and I got this amazing Nestle Milkmaid recipe. The recipe is very easy to make and the resulting cake was super fluffy and very tasty. I was waiting for my kids to critic the cake and I got two thumbs up!!! Thats all I wanted and it made my day.
Pineapple Slices (canned/fresh) — 6
Baking Powder — 1 tsp
Baking soda — 1 tsp
Aerated soda –3/4 cup ( I used plain sparkling water, any carbonated drink will work)
Pineapple Essence / Vanilla Essence –ÂÂ½ tsp
Light Brown Sugar for caramelisation — 5-6 Tbsp
Butter — 1/2 stick /100g (room temperature)
All purpose flour –2 cups
Sweetened condensed milk –1 tin (400g)
Water –1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 350F
2. Grease an 9” diameter round cake pan with butter. Arrange the pineapple slices at the base of the pan.
3. Heat sugar in a pan, add water and let it melt and becomes brown. Pour this hot caramel onto the pineapple slices and leave aside.
4. Beat butter and sweetened condensed milk well. Add vanilla or pineapple essence and mix well.
5. Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
6. Add a portion of flour mixture to the condensed milk mixture, beat well. Add a portion of aerated soda to the condensed milk mixture and beat well. Repeat this process alternating flour and aerated soda until both the flour and soda are used, starting and ending with flour.
7. Pour this batter into the prepared cake pan and bake at 350ÂÂº F for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Remove from oven, loosen sides of cake using a knife and immediately turn onto a plate.
Line the base of a greased cake pan with pineapple.
Carmelize brown sugar and water in a pan and pour in to the cake pan.
Beat together, condensed milk and butter. Add flour mixture and aerated soda little by little to the condensed milk mixture and beat well.
Add this batter to the cake pan and bake at 350F.
It took me around 38 minutes for the cake to completely cook.
Remove from pan and immediately flip over. Enjoy with your favorite topping. I liked it without any toppings!
1. Don’t wait for the cake to cool for turning it upside down, otherwise the caramel will cool off and the cake will stick to the pan.
2. You can top this cake with gallop of ice cream, fresh cream, fresh fruits like cherries, blueberries.
3. You can also pour the batter in to cupcakes.
4. You can also mix the batter with some pineapple pieces as a variation.
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.