When it comes to dessert I almost always tend to lean towards anything chocolate. I stick to certain flavors that I have hard time trying new things. I need rave reviews and affirmations to convince me. With that said, blueberry muffins are my favorite and I hardly can avoid getting tempted when I see them.
The fact that this recipe (courtesy: fivehearthome) is done in few minutes in a microwave works to my advantage especially on days I have persistent craving for a muffin. Fair warning that microwave mug cakes are in no way a replacement to the real deal but is a close replacement to make dessert in an instant. Especially when you are on a prowl late night, just make sure you don’t make too much noise or you have to make many more mug cakes for the family. Enjoy!!!
- All Purpose Flour -- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp
- Sugar -- 2 Tbsp
- Blueberries -- 1/4 cup (scant)
- Vanilla Extract -- 1/2 tsp
- Milk -- 1/4 cup (room temperature)
- Baking Powder -- 1/4 tsp
- Salted Butter -- 2 Tbsp melted, and cooled (if you are using unsalted butter then add a tiny pinch of salt)
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder until well combined. Add milk, butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture and blend until the batter is smooth. Spoon in blueberries and carefully mix into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a tall mug (without a tapering top) preferably a 14 ounce or larger mug and microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes until the cake is done. Let it settle for few minutes and serve warm. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Sizzlingveggies.com. If this is your first time here -- a Warm Welcome. Get ready with your chef hat, apron, and a big SMILE to cook some tasty recipes from around the world. Don't hesitate to join my Facebook Fan Page where I share my passion for cooking, baking, blogging and never ending sizzling recipes.